"The Mission San Carlos Borroméo de Carmelo Mission is the second oldest in California. It was founded by Fr. Junipero Serra in Carmel in 1770. It is a beautiful and peaceful place to visit. Fr. Serra did not however use these fixtures as the mission was completely restored by Sir Harry Downie beginning in the 1950s. The fixtures are located in the building that houses the Sir Harry Downie Museum, adjacent to the Mission Basilica."
Submitted by <font face=arial>MJO</font>.