This photo was submitted by MG. He writes: "The Old State Capitol is Illinois' 5th capitol which was started in 1837 and completed in 1853. This building was intended to be the permanent capitol for the state. However, due to Illinois fertile lands, people came to Illinois by the thousands and soon this building became too crowded to handle such a large population. This building was later used as the Sangamon County Court House from 1876-1966. During the centennial of the Civil War, the building was repaired and restored. First, it was raised up and a basement added below, then the building was dismantled piece by piece and reassembled while being restored to its original look. This building is famous because it is the location where Abraham Lincoln gave his famous "House Divided" speech."